Top Hacks Of Essential Oil Usage
Essential oil a term that is not unknown to people now. However, still, for some who are unaware, Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts. People have been using this amazing invention for a long time. It has a great fragrance and can make any bland day or moment super amazing just in a few minutes. Beyond smelling great, these liquid magic potions also have major health benefits.
Ancient medicine enthusiasts have known the power of essential years since the beginning and now modern science has also accepted its wonders. Earlier it was a little difficult to get essential oils but now they are going mainstream because of their increasing availability.
Essential oil usage is most common among people who lead a stressful life. In today’s fast-paced lifestyle, it is very important that one prioritizes not just physical health but mental health as well. Essential oil usage comes in handy to calm one’s mind by enhancing mood.
Although it takes a tremendous amount of plant material to make essential oils and that’s why some of them are expensive, many people have included essential oil in their daily routine. And because it takes so much of the plant to make essential oil, it is such powerful botanical medicine.
Let’s look at essential oil usage and how can they benefit you:
Benefits of Essential Oils
Essential oils can be used in aromatherapy, by using smell to improve your health.
Some of their many benefits are to:
- Boost Mood
- Reduce stress and increase concentration.
- Improve sleep
- Kill bacteria, funguses, and viruses.
- Reduce anxiety and pain
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce nausea
- Relieve headaches
Below are some common essential oils and how their usage can benefit you overall:
- Lavender Oil- Lavender is a gentle oil with a lot of benefits. Lavender oil helps with stress, pain, and sleep.
- Tea tree Oil- Many people, nowadays, use tea tree oil as an antiseptic. You can use it to treat acne by applying it directly on the acne and watching the ache disappear much faster.
- Frankincense Oil- Known as the “king of oils,” frankincense’s woody, spicy scent can help with inflammation, mood, and sleep.
- Peppermint Oil- Peppermint oil is known to be anti-microbial and anti-fungal. It helps in easing headaches, fighting fatigue, lifting mood, and many more such things.
- Eucalyptus Oil- Eucalyptus is a great essential oil to soothe a stuffed-up nose and comes in really handy during the cold season. It opens your nasal passages so you can breathe easier. Due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, it can also relieve pain and fight against viruses.
- Lemon Oil- Extracted from the peel of lemons, lemon oil is known to:
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Reduce pain
- Ease nausea
- Kill bacteria
However, avoid direct sunlight exposure after use to be protected from sunburn.
- Lemongrass Oil- Lemongrass, with its strong citrusy scent, is known to help relieve stress and anxiety. Its antibacterial properties make it a perfect addition to make your home stay virus-free.
- Rosemary Oil- Beyond being a great agent for enhancing your meal’s taste, rosemary oil also has some additional benefits like improving brain function, promoting hair growth, reducing pain and stress, lifting your mood, and reducing joint inflammation.
- Bergamot Oil- Bergamot oil, with its fruity and floral aroma, is known to reduce anxiety, lift mood, and lower blood pressure.
- Cedarwood Oil- Due to its antioxidant and antibacterial properties, Cedarwood oil is a popular ingredient in insect repellent, shampoo, and deodorant with its woodsy scent. It also helps with sleep and anxiety.
Having discussed some of the most popular essential oils, one can say that essential oils are really beneficial and are a great addition to one’s daily routine.
However, essential oils usage has some limitations as well. There are certain precautions that need to be taken while using essential oils. In order to make the experience of essential oil usage fun and smooth, let’s see some points to keep in mind while doing so:
How to use Essential Oils
Since essential oils are so strong, one needs to be mindful of why and how you’re using them. Just a few drops are enough to obtain their benefits.
The usage of essential oils can be effectively done by:
Diffusing them during aromatherapy. It’s a great way to uplift your mood in a matter of a few seconds. As you breathe in, the oil’s aroma can reduce anxiety and stress response quickly. To use essential oil in a diffuser, mix it with water and let its soothing fragrance engulf your room and mind to have a calming effect. You can also take deep breaths of the aroma after opening the bottle and its effectiveness will be equally same.
Reap the benefits of essential oils by rolling them directly on your skin. However, to avoid skin irritation, it’s best to dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil, such as coconut or jojoba oil.
Ingesting essential oils is one more way of using them. However, one must be very careful while doing so as it can be harmful to do so.
In simple words, essential oils are fantastic and have many benefits. The only thing that one needs to be mindful about their usage. Never ingest them or put them on your skin without consulting a medical professional first.
Also, be careful when using essential oils in children, people with weakened immune systems, pregnant women, and seniors.
To reap essential oils benefits, you just have to be a little vigilant. Including essential oils in your daily life will only do wonders for you and nothing else.